Library and Events
Questions about e-readers? Join Bob Pranis on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. for answers to your questions. Join us to help out if you want to share what you've learned about your e-reader. Listen to WTIP's Mathew Brown interview with Bob and Library Director, Steve Harsin, regarding the upcoming workshop. HERE
e-reader workshop at the library
Search for grants to fund your non-profit.
Available at the Grand Marais Public Library.
Call 218-387-1140 for more information.
The Grand Marais Public Library Announces a $10,000 Public Art Project Call for SubmissionsThe competition is open to artists, working in any media, 18 years of age or older who currently live in one of the 7 counties located within the Arrowhead Regional Library System.
The winner will be awarded $10,000 to cover all artist fees, travel, research, design, materials, fabrication, transportation, installation/construction and documentation.
Desk deadline for applications is August 22, 2014 by 4:30 p.m. at the Grand Marais Public Library.
Specific details under Services/Forms.
The Grand Marais Public Library and Arrowhead Library System are pleased to present the EMMY Award winning Zinghoppers band at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, July 29, 2014. This program is free and for all ages.
EMMY Award Winning Zinghoppers to Perform at the Library
Put your paws up for the award-winning educational and entertaining show developed just for libraries celebrating this 2014 Summer Reading Program theme, Paws to Read! Utilizing state of the art sound and projection, the Zinghoppers band invites your kids on a musical concert journey to the zoo where they'll experience lots of animals up close and personal. Along the way, there will also be a celebration of books and reading! Fun, fresh and fully interactive - this show encourages audience participation and patrons will be dancing, singing and zinghopping along!
Krystal joins final summer storytime
free books coupon for kids in "paws to read" summer reading program!
Library Friends of Cook County support summer reading! Kids, stop in at the library anytime and pick up your coupon, good for 10 FREE books, at the Library Friends Book Sale on Saturday, August 2, 9:00 - noon.
free tickets available at the library for Jeffrey Madison, Baritone Opera Singer at the Weber Music Hall at UMD on Thursday, july 31 at 7:30 p.m.
Baritone Jeffrey Madison has performed a varied repertoire from grand opera, operetta, and musical comedy around the Midwest and at Carnegie Hall debut as the baritone soloist in Neilson's Symphony No. 3 with the Minnesota Orchestra.
Madison is a past Metropolitan Opera National Auditions Council district winner and First Place winner in the Schubert Club Competition graduate division. As part of the Lake Superior Chamber Orchestra 2014 season, he will perform Lady Radnor's Suite, by C.H.H. Parry, George Antheil’s Concert for Chamber Orchestra, Old American Songs by Copland and Ibert’s Divertissement and Four Songs of Don Quixote
The Grand Marais Public Library has 15 tickets available on a first come, first serve basis.
This program, sponsored by the Grand Marais Public Library and the Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
a new batch of museum passes just arrived - good through august 31, 2104
A great way to take the kids or grand-kids to see what's in our own back yard!
Stop in and pick up your passes!
This project was funded in part, or in whole, with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, which dedicated funding to preserve Minnesota's arts and cultural heritage.
"paws to read" summer reading program at gmpl
Join us for summer reading, fun activities and special events this summer!
There are three reading programs:
- Tuesday Storytime & Craft, June 17 - July 22 at 10:30 a.m.
- 50 Day Reading Challenge for pre-k through 5th graders.
- Teen Reading Challenge for grades 6-12.
- 6/10/14 at 1:00 p.m. "Stubby the Elephant," an adaptation of Kiplings "Just So Stories," presented by the C.L.I.M.B. theatre.
- 6/13/14 at 6:00 p.m. Icebox Radio Theatre, a theatrical presentation of radio drama.
- 6/26/14 at 10:30 a.m. Jake Pearson Storyteller & Musician - a fun family experiece!
- 7/17/14 at 3:30 p.m. Cuyler Adams & Una History Players - Richie Johnson brings to life Iron Range.
- 7/29/14 at 10:30 a.m. Zinghoppers Musical Zoo Tour - created especially for pre-k and elementary age kids.
- 8/8/14 at 3:00 p.m. Z Puppets Rosenschnoz - The Secret Life of Puppets Workshop. Lean the tricks of turning sticks!
- Guess how many doggie treats are in the jar contest.
- Design a bookmark contest. Deadline for entry is July 26 at 2:00 p.m.
- Guess Rover's Location - Rover gets around town, look for clues in the photo and guess where he is? Drawing every Friday at 1:00 p.m.
- Play Book Bingo!
Thank you to the Library Friends of Cook County, the Grand Marais State Bank, Java Moose, Gunflint Mercantile, Sydney's and Buck's Hardware for their support of our summer reading program, "Paws to Read!"