Donate to the Library
Donate TimeVolunteers are needed to help with the following:
- Library Friends Book Sale and Auction
- Book sorting and hauling to storage
- Shelf reading to keep books in order
- Computer training for the public
- Landscape maintenance
- Book covering and repair
- Refreshments for programs
- Special projects
Donate Used BooksWe accept used adult and juvenile books, cds, and videos for the Library Friends Sale and Auction. All items need to be in good condition. No moldy or musty items can be accepted.
Items can be delivered to the library any day during our regular business hours.
We CANNOT accept:
- old textbooks
- damaged books
- musty books
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- National Geographic Magazine
- encyclopedia sets
Donate directly to the LibraryWe happily accept cash donations and checks made out to the Grand Marais Public Library. Memorials and special honorary donations in the name of loved ones are wonderful living legacies.
Funds are needed for:
- Capital expenses - building remodeling, furniture, equipment, technology, landscape maintenance
- Operating costs - staff training, increased book budget, increased staffing, rising utility costs
- Building fund - money, materials, and labor to enlarge the library building
Print Donation form
Donate to our Endowment FundsFunds may also be contributed to our Endowment Funds to ensure the ongoing longevity of the library.
Grand Marais Public Library Fund of the Cook County Community family of funds administered by the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
Medical Arts Building
324 West Superior St., Suite 212
Duluth, MN 55802
Grand Marais Public Library Endowment Fund of the Minnesota Community Foundation
55 Fifth Street East, Suite 600
St. Paul, MN 55101-1797
Donate to our Library Friends GroupLibrary Friends of Cook County accept donations to be used for the benefit of all libraries in Cook County, including the Grand Marais Public Library. They are a 501 (c3) Non-profit group. Contributions are tax deductible.
Library Friends of Cook County
PO Box 1234
Grand Marais, MN 55604